At Wahroonga Anglican, we are committed to the physical, emotional and spiritual welfare and safety of all people, particularly within our own community. As a church we take the teaching and leadership of children and young people seriously and we do all we can to provide an environment that is safe from any form of harm.
To ensure the safety of children and vulnerable people in our communities, Wahroonga Anglican, in conjunction with the Anglican Church Diocese of Sydney and the Anglican Church of Australia, will –
- Carefully recruit and train its clergy and church workers,
- Adopt and encourage safe ministry practices by its clergy and church workers,
- Respond promptly to each concern raised about the behaviour of its clergy and church workers,
- Offer pastoral support to any person who has suffered abuse, and
- Provide supervision of and pastoral accountability (within the context of the ministries, locations and activities of the parish) to any person (who is a member of a congregation and) who is known to have abused a child or another vulnerable person.
Every children’s and youth leader, pastoral staff member, and parish council member at Wahroonga Anglican has been trained in Safe Ministry. Every children’s leader, youth leader, and pastoral staff member has provided a working with children check number which has been verified by Wahroonga Anglican.
We comply with all of the Anglican Diocese Safe Ministry policies, which can be found at safeministry.org.au, including the Safe Ministry to Children Ordinance 2020. https://safeministry.org.au/ordinance-information/
Links for Leaders
Working with Children Number (WWC):
Safe Ministry Training:
Safe Ministry Check (Our unique code is 00286)
Get in touch
Hi, I'm Celia Pearce, your Safe Ministry Representative. If you have any questions, comments or issues please send me an email, use the form below or call me in the office on 02 9489 3278.